Covid-19 Vaccine side effect logs

MarckyJao

Has anybody had the vaccine?  I have had the first dose and the first batch ever shipped of the Pfizer-Biontech (mRNA technology) and would like to share it's side effect.  Although reactions will differ from person to person but this will at least give an idea of what to expect.

Got the first dose around 10AM (about 2.5 weeks ago) and started feeling its side effects around 2PM.  Felt a little light headed and sleepy.  Lasted for about an hour and felt fine.  Around 9PM, I felt tired and sleepy.  I didn't think much about it as I attributed the tiredness to the end of the work week.  Woke up the next morning and I felt super sore.  Sore like doing a high intensity work out the day prior and a sore injection site where it felt like someone had punched me really hard on the shoulder.  The whole day I felt tired, lazy, sleepy and lethargic.  I basically was a couch potato and at times, will just doze off while watching TV.  Next day, I felt perfectly fine but still a little soreness at the injection site.  I would say that if you ever had a reaction to the flu shot, it kinda feels that way almost.  This Friday, I am scheduled to get the 2nd dose and from report logs from the CDC, majority report side effects manifesting on the 2nd dose while a few during the 1st dose such as myself.  Overall, I would still consider this as a minor side effect.  Some might feel chills like having a low grade fever, or feverish feeling.

I am sharing this to encourage and spread knowledge to all.  Obviously, I can only comment on the Pfizer shot.  Given that the Philippines has the traditional Covid vaccines (not mRNA) such as the SinoVac brand, I don't know if the side effects would be close to the same.  But likely it is...  I just don't know if there is a comforting presence knowing that this is a China made vaccine which I also heard has been circulating in the black market for 25k a shot (I digress). 

Feel free to share anything about your side effects In order to ease peoples’ concern but let's make sure it is a productive one as it is our civic duty to do everything in our means to eradicate this problem.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• MarckyJao changed the title to Covid-19 Vaccine side effect logs

Just got the 2nd dose yesterday. I woke up feeling a little tired. Feels like a jet lag but nothing compared to the 1st dose where I couldn’t function. An afternoon nap fixed the tiredness feeling. 
Hope you guys take the vaccine. Cheers! 

FED6EC97-B0EC-4C96-BD91-CCF646A8E89C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Can I share this sir? So as to encourage everyone here in the Philippines to take the jab (more than 24% said they would not take any kind of vaccine which sucks courtesy of those Dengvaxia haters such as Persida, Noli Boy, Tunying, and others)

12 hours ago, bukojuice said:

Can I share this sir? So as to encourage everyone here in the Philippines to take the jab (more than 24% said they would not take any kind of vaccine which sucks courtesy of those Dengvaxia haters such as Persida, Noli Boy, Tunying, and others)

Yes for sure! This is the intention. To spread the knowledge. Also, there’s good info in the CDC website. Although we can’t force people to take the vaccine, all we can do is spread the knowledge.

20 hours ago, MarckyJao said:

Yes for sure! This is the intention. To spread the knowledge. Also, there’s good info in the CDC website. Although we can’t force people to take the vaccine, all we can do is spread the knowledge.

Thanks bro

4 hours ago, TeamRocket said:

This is great..its hard to get first hand info about this..i hope more can share so that we can compare data

Let’s encourage to have people share their side effects on this topic. Share yours the moment you get it! 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 2:06 AM, MarckyJao said:

Let’s encourage to have people share their side effects on this topic. Share yours the moment you get it! 

Will do sir..i hope others will also

On 1/14/2021 at 12:04 AM, KNami said:

Sir paano po makakuha nitong vaccine? Ano po requirements?

Sorry, I live in the USA and we get the vaccines by age group and priority. I don’t have an answer for you since you’re in Manila but someone here can likely answer it. And also, the Philippines doesn’t have the Pfizer vaccine yet. You guys have the SinoVac. Maybe check your DOH site. 

On 1/14/2021 at 11:28 PM, MarckyJao said:

Sorry, I live in the USA and we get the vaccines by age group and priority. I don’t have an answer for you since you’re in Manila but someone here can likely answer it. And also, the Philippines doesn’t have the Pfizer vaccine yet. You guys have the SinoVac. Maybe check your DOH site. 

Hello sir gusto ko lang itanong if

1.may kakilala kayo na tinurukan din na my mild or hypertensive na person ?

2.Same lang din ba kayo ng symptoms or iba din sa kanya?

3. Kung wala naman po, tuturukan din ba dyan kung high blood or diabetic sila?

Salamat po!

19 hours ago, Skittles said:

Hello sir gusto ko lang itanong if

1.may kakilala kayo na tinurukan din na my mild or hypertensive na person ?

2.Same lang din ba kayo ng symptoms or iba din sa kanya?

3. Kung wala naman po, tuturukan din ba dyan kung high blood or diabetic sila?

Salamat po!

Symptoms vary from person to person. Everybody reacts differently. But the fact that we are now vaccinating the elderly (65 and over), it means that it is safe since Majority in this age group have underlying medical conditions. The side effects is merely the body’s immune response but The best thing to do is to consult the patients primary care doctor. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bukojuice said:

These are 80 year old folks with “severe” underlying medical conditions. We have vaccinated about 5.9M people in the USA and nobody has died. Less than 1% had severe side effects. My recommendation is to make an educated decision based on factual information & understand the risks before saying NO or YES to the vaccine. Ask, Read & research from credible sources in order to make a decision that suits you. Better yet, consult your doctor who knows your medical history. Sometimes the media can  be a source of misinformation so be careful. I suggest to check the CDC for more information.

7 hours ago, MarckyJao said:

These are 80 year old folks with “severe” underlying medical conditions. We have vaccinated about 5.9M people in the USA and nobody has died. Less than 1% had severe side effects. My recommendation is to make an educated decision based on factual information & understand the risks before saying NO or YES to the vaccine. Ask, Read & research from credible sources in order to make a decision that suits you. Better yet, consult your doctor who knows your medical history. Sometimes the media can  be a source of misinformation so be careful. I suggest to check to the CDC to start.

I agree. That's why I'm having second thoughts now with regard my mother in law being vaccinated. She's more than 80 and has many underlying condition. Pfizer is actually in the process of verifying whether the deaths directly relate to the vaccine so we have to monitor the study. For me, I'm a hundred percent in favor of being vaccinated so long as the vaccines are not China-made. (although my sister in law in Dubai had her second jab of Sinopharm vaccine a week ago). 

On 1/17/2021 at 4:29 AM, bukojuice said:

I agree. That's why I'm having second thoughts now with regard my mother in law being vaccinated. She's more than 80 and has many underlying condition. Pfizer is actually in the process of verifying whether the deaths directly relate to the vaccine so we have to monitor the study. For me, I'm a hundred percent in favor of being vaccinated so long as the vaccines are not China-made. (although my sister in law in Dubai had her second jab of Sinopharm vaccine a week ago). 

If your mother in law does not live in a retirement home, lives with you and doesn’t go out much, then it does not make sense to get her inoculated. If the people around her is inoculated, covid free & follows the mask/hand washing/distancing guidelines, then she should be fine. Everybody’s case if different. Truthfully, us heathy people, we tend to be the spreaders.

I just got word from inside the PH ambassador to the USA office that the Moderna vaccine deal has been achieved and will be available in Manila on the 2nd quarter. Their office personnel did get their Moderna and their symptoms were mostly muscle ache, fatigue and some had a low grade fever and chills that lasted for about 24 hours.

I asked if this will be given free to the public and they said they are not sure but likely to be free. They may look into the income level of the individual and to try to enforce the insurance companies to take on the Bill as this is considered healthcare maintenance. 

• 5 months later...

on my 1st Dose.. la pa ako naramdamang kakaiba maliban sa nagugutom ako kasi from 8AM natapos ung vaccination ng 2PM.

though after 2 hrs nakaramdam ako ng kakaibang pagkahilo, mga isang oras mahigit ata ako nahihilo pero di masakit ang ulo ko, sadyang nahihilo lang.

hindi ko alam kung sa vaccine un or dahil pagod lang kasi after ko mag pa vaccine pumasok pa ako sa work and di ako nag take ng any medicine nun natulog nalang ako pag uwi ko.

i got 1st dose sinovac vaccine.. side effect sakin wala naman maliban lang sa para ako laging uhaw. other than that wala na.

i hope sa 2nd dose ko maging ok din ... 

Recommend ko na mag-bakuna kayo against COVID-19. Recent days shows na effective lahat except Sinopharm. Iba talaga kapag made in China..mababa ang quality. I got the Moderna back in December 2020..mild swelling and pain lang sa injection site ang naranasan ko and it feels good to know you're protected sa pandemic.

https://apnews.com/article/china-gao-fu-vaccines-offer-low-protection-coronavirus-675bcb6b5710c7329823148ffbff6ef9

OK...so here is my experience....

i got my first dose and had no side effects whatsoever...however...a few days after i tested positive for Covid...I could have picked up the virus prior to the Jab. I was extremely worried since i have diabetes. I had to quarantine for at least 10 days...my symptoms started of with persistent cough, then i had a slight fever...never went over 101 degrees...i think that was the highest on day 5...i also did not lose my sense of smell or taste...but almost everything did taste weird...I was taking 1000mg vitamin c, zinc and vitamin d to boost my immune system...also took a lot of liquids....water and gatorade...i also had a thermometer and oximeter to make sure my oxygen levels did not drop, it stayed over 95%. i was advised that if it consistently stayed below 95% to go to the ER. Thankfully it didn't towards day 8 the fever has started to subside, the coughing is less...oh, i was also doing some steaming since i had sinusitis as well. Day 12 i got another test, both rapid testing and pcr and i was finally negative. a few days after that i was able to get my 2nd dose of Pfizer vaccine. I did feel a little bit tired and had a slight fever over night. However, i was feeling fine the following day. fast forward a couple of months after i scheduled to see my doctor. I requested for chest xray and some blood work done. Xray was fine and blood work as better. Still needed to take care of my blood sugar tho... covid did make me lose more than 10lbs and also...there was something detect in my EKG...i was referred to a cardiologist. I have my stress test and ecg scheduled next week. but he did mention that all my symptoms are related to damage caused by covid. With the delta variant spreading rapidly, i am glad that i was able to complete both doses of vaccine. I wouldn't want to go through that ordeal again. 

I know this is too much information, but these times, there is too much misinformation so i'm hoping that first hand experience would help people in our community make the best possible decision for them.

Stay Safe Everyone!

• Like 1

My sister had severe reactions to the vaccine, so she didn’t go for her second dose na. The rest of the family still decided to go ahead with their doses as ok naman kami.

On 7/24/2021 at 7:35 PM, Arseface said:

My sister had severe reactions to the vaccine, so she didn’t go for her second dose na. The rest of the family still decided to go ahead with their doses as ok naman kami.

What is considered severe and what brand was taken?