On COVID19 Vaccine

ejojo18

Are you willing to pay huge amount to secure vaccination? It seems that we are now gradually back to normalcy and virus is no longer deadly. What do you think?

It's still deadly. We need at least 80% of the population to be vaccinated to have herd immunity. That's 80 million vaccines. And that's just for the original strain. There are already new strains developing.

It's deadly. I work in the healthcare here in California and I can tell you that It will spread. Keep in mind that the Philippines may not even have an accurate reporting. Survivability is high but it doesn't mean that we only think about ourselves. A perfect example is smallpox. Look at its history and how it was eradicated. Same principle. Although vaccination is not mandatory (not sure if the PH Govt will), it is still the best course of action. 

Keep in mind that even if it is not mandatory, it can be made a requirement for travelling, new job application, schools, etc.  This is what they did during the time of smallpox... the vaccination became a requirement to get government services (not mandatory) and to enter most countries.

In my opinion, if you are willing to pay for a "game", you can afford a vaccine. Cheers!

• Like 1

We have lower reported deaths now than the start of the pandemic because doctors have learned handle the disease.  But people are still dying from it.  What's scary now is that people are becoming complacent and are lax in sticking to the minimum health standards.  Yes, they death rate is lower now, but if you get sick with Covid19, can you afford the cost of recovering?  A hospital stay is around P100,000/day.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 8:44 PM, Bones said:

We have lower reported deaths now than the start of the pandemic because doctors have learned handle the disease.  But people are still dying from it.  What's scary now is that people are becoming complacent and are lax in sticking to the minimum health standards.  Yes, they death rate is lower now, but if you get sick with Covid19, can you afford the cost of recovering?  A hospital stay is around P100,000/day.

Don’t forget the long term implications of it. Lung scarring cannot be repaired. My father in law had it and almost died. He got better but he’s never the same. His lung is fucked up, he’s always tired and has shortness of breath. The bottom part of his lung has deteriorated, affected the alveoli and lung capacity obviously. Your O2 saturation levels affects your other organs. So yes, survivability might be high but consider it’s long term effects. Get the vaccine. Never take healthcare maintenance for granted. Again, if you can pay for 2 pops, you can pay for 2 shots. 

• Like 2

im in London where the new strain is at. Would'nt wish it to my enemies sobrang bilis nyang kumalat. Im running vlinics in 2 hospitals numbers are jumping from 0-50 new cases that needs hospitalizations a day..

Unfortunately, September is the timeline that we were given by the government (I live abroad btw) to have access to covid vaccine since I am part of the general population. I have a relative who’s a doctor and was told that either you get Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, so you get to choose as to your liking.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 1:41 PM, MarckyJao said:

Don’t forget the long term implications of it. Lung scarring cannot be repaired. My father in law had it and almost died. He got better but he’s never the same. His lung is fucked up, he’s always tired and has shortness of breath. The bottom part of his lung has deteriorated, affected the alveoli and lung capacity obviously. Your O2 saturation levels affects your other organs. So yes, survivability might be high but consider it’s long term effects. Get the vaccine. Never take healthcare maintenance for granted. Again, if you can pay for 2 pops, you can pay for 2 shots. 

eto ang dapat pinepresent ng government ng pinas, kaso inuna pa ang economic activity, at the expense of the people.

• 7 months later...